The chapel is best to reach from Stožec after around a 4-km walk. The route leads across the Stožec forest and above the chapel there is a nice view from the rock of Stožecká skála. The Chapel of the Virgin Mary (known as Chapel of Stožec) is a wooden pilgrimage chapel located at an elevation of 950 metres; it was built in 1791 by Jakoubek Klauser, a blacksmith from Volary, as a gratitude for the miracle curing of vision. It is built above a spring of water which has - as legends say - miraculous healing effects.
Thanks to this, the local spring was once largely sought by pilgrims from Bohemia and from the nearby Bavaria. People that arrived to celebrate the Assumption of the Virgin Mary on 15 August 1920 from both sides of the border counted 5,600. The main pilgrimage takes place every first Sunday after 14 August