Přední Výtoň sits on the right bank of Lake Lipno and provides a popular destination to have some rest and relaxation for hiking, cycling and cross-country skiing enthusiasts. The local resort designed for summer sports features a natural sandy beach and forms one of the most beautiful and best-visited site in the region. It is dominated by the Church of St. Philip and St. James originating from the 14th century. By 1945, there were about 1,200 residents - mostly German-speaking people who were subsequently displaced and the village largely pulled down along with settlements. To a considerable extent, the site was prohibited to enter by 1989, hence the preserved natural setting, almost untouched by civilisation. The municipality is mostly situated in the territory of Šumava Protected Landscape Area; the range of Svatotomášské pohoří forms a watershed of the River Vltava and the Danube.